This unique seminar is designed for students in any studio art practice ready for creative growth. Within a stress-free and fun environment, they exchange ideas, build confidence, give and receive feedback, and deal with the issues that most affect them: procrastination, creative blocks, flow, problem solving, and finishing. Students should come prepared with an idea or a work to develop, along with any related research images. During “off” weeks, loose assignments or goals keep the creativity flowing. Please note that this seminar is focused on ideas, rather than a finished project. Class size is limited to 10 to maximize group interaction.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Kate Lewis.
- 4 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.