This class introduces students to the principles of relief sculpture, which is a bridge between two-dimensional and three-dimensional art forms. The types of relief sculpture range from a shallow to an almost full “in the round” expression. Students explore different styles and methods of relief, addressing perspective and depth as they build works from clay or plasticine up and out of a flat surface. Students are encouraged to have photo references for their desired composition.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is George Tkabladze.
- This program includes 8 sessions, 3 hours each.
- This studio arts program is in person and will not be recorded.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- Please note our Health and Safety guidance for this in-person program.
- View Common FAQs about our Studio Arts programs.