Creative Sculptural Composition
8-Session Daytime Course on Zoom
Friday, April 16 to June 11, 2021 - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET (no class May 28)
This class provides intermediate-level sculpture students the opportunity to advance from creating simple studies to developing and executing advanced compositions, either figurative or abstract. Working with clay or plasticine, students use previously learned compositional techniques as they begin to more fully incorporate their own emotions and ideas. The instructor provides guidance as needed. Students are encouraged to have photo references for their desired composition.
- The instructor is George Tkabladze.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours each (no class May 28)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- Another Creative Sculptural Composition class is also available on March 5 to 26, 2021.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.