In this course, students create a modern interpretation of a classical mosaic design inspired by the Roman and Byzantine periods. Using unglazed ceramic porcelain, these modern artworks mimic ancient mosaics informed by a review of the history of mosaics, including classical mosaic design and fabrication.
Students new to mosaics are required to work from instructor-designed kits. Experienced and returning students may work on a design of their choosing; however, they must provide all materials. Before signing up for this course, please review the supply list to understand course requirements, design options, time commitment, and course format. Previous mosaic experience is helpful but not required.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Bonnie Fitzgerald.
- This program includes 4 sessions, 2.5 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.