Gain a better understanding of how color works and why it evokes feeling. Students learn the basics of color theory and how to use this knowledge to better their artwork. Mixing hues and understanding tonal values and temperatures of colors are discussed. On a deeper level, discuss chroma-psychology, or how colors make a person feel. This knowledge helps the artist speak to their audience in a subtle way, something the Impressionists understood. Students use a color wheel and colored pencils in class to break down this important information that makes all the difference in creating artwork.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.