Explore your relationship to individual colors and how they connect to many facets of your life. In this beginner-level class, practice simple and playful acrylic painting techniques incorporating all the colors of the spectrum, plus black and white. Then, begin to record personal stories in a journal to use every day.
Instructor Sushmita Mazumdar shares her passion for storytelling as she guides students in exploring their responses to color. They choose from favorite colors and others associated—in both positive and negative ways—with places, ideas, and concepts.
Art-making experience is not required. Just bring an open mind and a curious heart.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sushmita Mazumdar.
- 9 sessions, 1.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- All Studio Arts classes require a ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student listed on the roster.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for online programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our online programs presented on Zoom.