With an emphasis on imagery from the natural world, explore the possibilities of collage: a highly versatile and accessible art technique that results in the playful combination of various and sometimes-unlikely materials. Learn to sketch animals and objects found in nature, then combine your drawings with painting and additional elements and textures to create whimsical or serious mixed media art. Experiment with a range of materials and techniques to create your own story, including exploring textures, photo transfers, drawing and painting, and found objects. All skill levels are welcome.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Marcie Wolf Hubbard.
- 8 sessions, 2.5 hours each (no class Nov. 24)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.