Photos: Christopher Hwang and Annie Clemmons
What’s the secret to pairing a cocktail with just the right wickedly indulgent sweet? Two masters in composing after-dinner delights—owner and pastry chef Annie Clemmons of Chapman's DC and cocktail expert Mick Perrigo of Tincture Co.—show you how to make sublime confections and build expert cocktails superbly crafted for each other. And the right pairings add a special note to any get-together or celebration shared with friends.
Confections and cocktails have much in common in approach, development, balance, and presentation. In addition to long and piquant histories, they even draw from common foundations of flavors and aromas.
Participants receive a custom recipe guide illustrated by Texas artist Jon Bravo—a work of art on its own—that can be used to follow the presenters’ demonstrations. It guides you through ingredients and recipes, recommended purveyors and techniques, as well as additional pairings to try at home.
Apricot and Prosecco Marshmallows
Strawberry and Sweet Pea Calisson
Scottish French (blended Scotch and Calvados)
Son of a Bee-Sting (honey-centered District Made gin)
Zylia Collins (District Made vodka-based with a strawberry-Habanero syrup)
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.