Looking for some refreshing cocktail ideas for warm summer evenings? Join noted author and cocktail historian Philip Greene as he demonstrates how to make classics like the Tom Collins, Mojito, Southside, Daiquiri, and Jack Rose. He also discusses the histories and folklore of these drinks, and their cameo appearances in movies, literature, and popular culture.
Cocktail recipes are shared with participants in advance of the program for those who’d like to make their own drinks at home. There’s also an option to purchase a tasting kit that includes four samples of the cocktails that Greene demonstrates.
Greene is the author of To Have and Have Another: A Hemingway Cocktail Companion, The Manhattan: The Story of the First Modern Cocktail, and A Drinkable Feast: A Cocktail Companion to 1920s Paris.
Cocktail Tasting Kit
- The tasting kit will be available for purchase until Tuesday, June 22 at 9 a.m. ET.
- The optional curated personal tasting kit allows one person to sample the full lineup of cocktails (sample-sized).
- Additional participants must register separately to receive their own tasting kit.
- Kits are available during two scheduled pick-up times on Wednesday, June 23 and Thursday, June 24 from 12–4 p.m. at Buffalo and Bergen-Union Market (1309 5th Street NE, Washington, D.C.).
- Due to state and federal laws, wine kits may not be shipped.
- Participants receive additional tasting kit pick-up information by email prior to the program.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.