Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
2-Session Daytime Workshop
Thursday, October 29 and November 5, 2020 – 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Circular weaving is fun technique for new weavers as well as experienced fiber artists. Learn how to warp and weave on several sizes of circle looms as you explore plain weave as well as twinning, soumak, ray knots, and loops. Students can create wall hangings, coasters, mats, cushions, embellishments for accessories, or home décor using a variety of types of yarn and roving techniques.
No experience is necessary. More experienced students are welcome to work on their own designs. The instructor works with each student, providing individual guidance and demonstrations.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Tea Okropiridze.
- 2 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.