This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
Christopher Kimball: Throw It Together
Lowering the Heat on Weeknight Cooking
Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - 6:45 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
The James Beard Award-winning team behind Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street organization believes that with just a handful of ingredients and less than an hour of prep time, anyone can create an amazing dinner in no time. Milk Street’s new book, Cookish: Throw it Together, is a guide to cooking without reinventing the wheel. To make weeknight cooking even less of a chore, most of the recipes have fewer than six ingredients. The book features the robust flavors and simple techniques that make Milk Street recipes special--and reliable.
In conversation with the Washington Post’s Joe Yonan, Kimball, the creator and host of “America’s Test Kitchen,” shares tips on transforming pantry staples, common proteins, or centerpiece vegetables into delicious meals such as pasta with shrimp and browned butter, red lentil soup, and scallion noodles. He also demonstrates a recipe or two.
Boston-based Milk Street comprises a cooking school, bimonthly magazine, podcasts and shows for public television and radio. Its publications include Milk Street: The New Rules, The Milk Street Cookbook, and the award-winning Milk Street: Tuesday Nights.
BOOK SALE INFORMATION
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.