Creating illustrations for a children’s manuscript is loads of fun once you get to know the basics. Join author and illustrator Lori VanKirk Schue as she leads you through the foundations of interpreting a story through pictures.
Learn how to start; appropriately fit illustrations to the storyline; choose mediums that are most successful; transform reality into whimsy; and how to listen and learn from an author to gain insight into their vision for the story and its characters.
Students take a look at different types of illustration and develop their own unique characters and designs. Information on working with publishers and legally protecting your art is also discussed.
Prior drawing experience is helpful but not required.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.