Chalk pastels are a versatile medium that can be used to create dynamic artworks in any genre: portrait, still life, abstract, or landscape. Techniques are demonstrated, providing students with a gateway to create artworks in the subjects of their choosing.
Various types of chalk pastels, how to combine them with other media (such as colored pencil, charcoal, and watercolor), their history, and proper storage are also discussed. All levels are welcome.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.