Save up to 20% on the price of your tickets!
It's easy... Become a member today! If you are already a member, log in to get your member rate.
Celebrating 50 Years: Smithsonian Magazine and Earth Day
Friday, September 25, 2020 - 7:00 p.m. ET
$25 - Non-Member
First issue of "Smithsonian" magazine
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
For 50 years, Smithsonian magazine has brought the Institution’s deep knowledge, curiosity, and wonder into the homes of readers across the nation. The magazine was launched in the spring of 1970—as was the first Earth Day—and from the start it has been the trusted go-to source on the natural world and environmental issues.
Celebrate Smithsonian magazine’s anniversary by revisiting some of its first articles about how we understand planet Earth and learn about the progress we’ve made since then. Hear from the experts who brought these stories to life, including:
Smithsonian senior editor Jennie Rothenberg Gritz will host and moderate the evening.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This event is presented as part of the Smithsonian Earth Optimism Initiative.
NOTE: The views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this program do not necessarily represent those of the Smithsonian Institution.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.