Breakfast at the Zoo: A Date with Spike the Elephant
For Smithsonian Associates members at the Promoter ($100) level or below
Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. ET
Asian elephant, Spike (Smithsonian’s National Zoo)
Please note: Event registration closes Wed., Sept. 19 at 5 p.m. This ticket option does not include VIP access.
Come and join us for this highly popular annual event. Help us welcome Spike, the 13,000-pound, 36-year-old Asian elephant that traveled 900 miles to come to the National Zoo. After enjoying a breakfast buffet and a music performance on Lion and Tiger Hill, visit the Kids Corner for hands-on crafts and fun activities. Then, meet some of the animals and their keepers. And be sure to stop at the Elephant Trails exhibit to say "hi" to Spike.
- This special event is open only to Smithsonian Associates members and their guests.
- Pricing: Members and guests: $25 per person; children 12 and under $15; children age 4 and under admitted free.
- Registration closes Wed., Sept. 19 at 5 p.m.
- Tickets are not available at the event.
- Seating: Guests are welcome to bring their own blankets and folding chairs to breakfast on Lion and Tiger Hill.
- Parking: Use vehicle entrance in the 3000 block of Connecticut Ave NW. Lots D and E are closest to Lion and Tiger Hill. Please note there is a $25 parking fee.
- Pedestrians: Take the Red line to the Cleveland Park or Woodley Park/Zoo Metrorail stop. Enter the zoo in the 3000 block of Connecticut Ave NW.
Interested in VIP access? Upgrade to the Advocate ($175) level or call 202-633-3030 (M-F; 9-5). VIP access includes covered seating, an upgraded breakfast buffet, and other activities at the Mane Grill across from Lion and Tiger Hill. Breakfast is served within these three time slots: 8 to 9 a.m.; 9 to 10 a.m.; or 10 to 11 a.m.
National Zoological Park
Lion and Tiger Hill
3001 Connecticut Ave NW
Metro: Cleveland Park or Woodley Park/Zoo