Botanicals in Watercolor
4-Session Daytime Course
Tuesday, September 8 to 29, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
By Lubna Zahid
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Paint for enjoyment and appreciation for nature in this introduction to the processes and techniques of drawing and painting flora. In this workshop open to all levels, students discover the versatility and fluidity of the medium while exploring the functional and aesthetic elements of color and design found in plants.
Step-by-step instructions in watercolor are given, along with practical demonstrations and exercises aimed at the development of observational skills to accurately record three-dimensional forms. Students learn to work from reference photos and create harmonious and interesting pieces of art.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- 4 sessions; 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.