This program is sold out.
Botanicals in Watercolor
4-Session Daytime Course
Tuesday, September 8 to 29, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
By Lubna Zahid
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Paint for enjoyment and appreciation for nature in this introduction to the processes and techniques of drawing and painting flora. In this workshop open to all levels, students discover the versatility and fluidity of the medium while exploring the functional and aesthetic elements of color and design found in plants.
Step-by-step instructions in watercolor are given, along with practical demonstrations and exercises aimed at the development of observational skills to accurately record three-dimensional forms. Students learn to work from reference photos and create harmonious and interesting pieces of art.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- 4 sessions; 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- Once registered, patrons will receive two emails: one is an automatic email confirmation and the second will include a link to the Zoom meeting as a follow-up (usually given within 24 hours of registration).
- NOTE: If you do not receive your follow-up email from Zoom, please email Customer Service for assistance.
GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.