Paint for enjoyment and appreciation for nature in this introduction to the processes and techniques of drawing and painting flora. In this workshop open to all levels, students discover the versatility and fluidity of the medium while exploring the functional and aesthetic elements of color and design found in plants.
Step-by-step instructions in watercolor are given, along with practical demonstrations and exercises aimed at the development of observational skills to accurately record three-dimensional forms. Students learn to work from reference photos and create harmonious and interesting pieces of art.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.