Book Arts: Standards and Creative Variations
3-Session Daytime Course on Zoom
Thursday, March 11 to 25, 2021 – 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET
Download the supply list for this class
Learn the rules of bookmaking…then get creative and break them! Each week, make different kinds of books, including an accordion book, Japanese stab bound journal, and a travel journal with sewn in pages. Once you know the basics, use a variety of techniques to personalize your handmade books to tell your own story.
- The instructor is Sushmita Mazumdar.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.