Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
Blondie's New York
Presented in cooperation with Smithsonian Channel
Weekend Film Screening for Smithsonian Associates Members
Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
This free program requires registration. Please see additional terms* below.
In the span of just a few years, Blondie went from a band fighting for punk cred at CBGB to international superstardom, thanks in large part to one album, “Parallel Lines.” What was the secret behind its success? How did it all come together for the group—and nearly fall apart?
Celebrate Museum Day 2019 by attending a preview screening of Smithsonian Channel’s new documentary that brings you into the recording studio with Blondie's frontwoman and namesake, Debbie Harry, the rest of the band, and producer Mike Chapman. Their conversations reveal the stories behind iconic hits like “Heart of Glass” and “One Way or Another” and how they launched punk music into the mainstream.
- This free program is only available to Smithsonian Associates members at the Associate ($50) level and above.
- Each member household is limited to 2 tickets to this program.
- Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No tickets will be mailed for this program. Bring your email order confirmation to help with check-in.
- If you are unable to use the tickets you've reserved, please contact Customer Service at least 24 hours in advance so that we may offer them to other members.
S. Dillon Ripley Center
1100 Jefferson Dr SW
Metro: Smithsonian (Mall exit)