Dust off your film cameras, developing tanks, and that old enlarger that’s been sitting in your basement and go back to school– old school photography, that is. A wide range of topics are covered in this class, including: 35mm and “toy” film cameras; film developing theory and chemicals; evaluating negatives; negative storage and scanning basics; condenser vs. diffuser enlargers; color head usage; printing paper and darkroom options; print storage and scanning basics; and plenty more.
Note: This streamed program will not be recorded.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.