The Best of Brooklyn
Depart: Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 7:00 a.m.
Return: Monday, April 29, 2019 - 9:30 p.m.
This tour is also available on:
An independent city until 1898, Brooklyn is New York City's most populous borough, with more than two and a half million residents. It’s also arguably the most historic and colorful section of the city and today is hipper than ever, filled with intriguing shops and restaurants and a booming cultural scene. On this two-day visit, arts journalist and former Brooklynite Richard Selden introduces you to several of Brooklyn's top attractions.
The itinerary includes the Brooklyn Museum; a concert performance at Bargemusic, a unique floating chamber-music venue; and a special look inside the cutting-edge Brooklyn Academy of Music. The group also visits the 52-acre Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn Bridge, Olmsted and Vaux's Prospect Park, and other landmarks.
Participants stay in a hotel in the heart of Brooklyn, and eat like locals with dinner at a charming Italian restaurant in Carroll Gardens and a visit to an authentic Turkish restaurant for lunch.
- Cost includes bus transportation, lodging, all activities, and the following meals: one breakfast, two lunches, and Sunday dinner
- Tour departs by bus from the Mayflower Hotel, Connecticut Ave. and DeSales St., NW., with a pick up stop at I-495, Exit 27 carpool lot at about 7:25 a.m.
- Single-room supplement $100 (factored into the Single Room Member and Single Room Non-Member pricing).
- Singles registering at the double-room rate are paired (on a nonsmoking basis) if possible, but must pay the single-room supplement otherwise.
- Detailed information is mailed to registrants about four weeks prior to departure.
- Registrants may want to consider purchasing trip insurance.
Detailed information for overnight tours
is mailed approximately FOUR WEEKS
prior to departure. For immediate questions
please call 202-633-8647