Please call us at 202-633-3030 to register for this Overnight Tour, so we may confirm your room arrangements.
A Berkshires Summer Sampler
Depart: Sunday, July 26, 2020 - 6:30 a.m.
Return: Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 9:30 p.m.
Double Room Member
Single Room Member
Double Room Non-Member
Single Room Non-Member
The Clark Institute of Art in Williamstown, Massachussetts
A popular summer retreat for Bostonians and New Yorkers for well over 150 years, the scenic and historic Berkshire hills of western Massachusetts are alive with music, art, and theatre. Arts journalist Richard Selden leads a 5-day tour that offers a splendid sampling of cultural attractions in the region, from historic writers’ homes to outstanding museums to music and theatre performances.
Destinations with literary connections include Herman Melville's evocative Pittsfield farmhouse, Arrowhead, and Edith Wharton's elegant Lenox estate, the Mount. Visit the Clark Art Institute in picture-perfect Williamstown, featuring the museum’s first outdoor exhibition, Ground/work, a series of artists’ installations across its sprawling campus; MASS MoCA, a collection of contemporary galleries in a 26-acre former industrial complex; and the first-rate art museums at Williams College and, on the return trip, Yale University.
Be part of the audience at two intimate chamber music venues in Vermont, Music Mountain (America's oldest continuing summer chamber music festival) and Yellow Barn, as well as for a performance at the acclaimed Williamstown Theatre Festival.
The tour includes both indoor and outdoor walking and standing, as well as extended bus rides.
- Cost includes bus transportation, lodging, all activities, admissions and fees, 3 performances, gratuities, and meals (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners).
- Accommodations in Massachusetts are the Hampton Inn in Lenox (1 night) and the Williams Inn in Williamstown (2 nights). Participants also stay at the Hampton Inn in Brattleboro, Vermont (1 night).
- Tour departs by bus from the Mayflower Hotel, Connecticut Ave. and DeSales St., NW, with a pickup stop at the Doubletree by Hilton Laurel, 15101 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, Maryland, at about 7:10 a.m.
- Single-room supplement $395 (factored into the Single Room Member and Single Room Non-Member pricing).
- Singles registering at the double-room rate are paired (on a nonsmoking basis) if possible, but must pay the single-room supplement otherwise.
- Detailed information is mailed to registrants about four weeks prior to departure.
- Registrants may want to consider purchasing trip insurance.
Detailed information for overnight tours
is mailed approximately FOUR WEEKS
prior to departure.