Lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on experimentation introduce the medium of oils. Working from museum masterpieces, still-life arrangements, or your favorite photos, explore basic painting techniques, including color-mixing, scumbling, and glazing to gain the technical background and experience you need to get started as a painter.
Experience in drawing is helpful but not necessary. Guidelines for handling toxic chemicals and their waste products are stressed.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Shahin Talishkhan.
- This program includes 8 sessions, 3 hours each.
- Class will not be held on November 22.
- This studio arts program is in person and will not be recorded.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- Please note our Health and Safety guidance for this in-person program.
- View Common FAQs about our Studio Arts programs.