This program is sold out.
7-Session Evening Course
Wednesday, January 20 to March 3, 2021 – 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
This course, a valuable introduction for beginners, teaches the basic skills needed as a strong foundation for drawing. Working with a variety of materials and techniques, including charcoal and pencils, students explore the rendering of geometric forms, volume, and perspective, with an emphasis on personal gesture marks.
The course covers still-life, architectural interiors and exteriors, and figure drawing. The instructor, working closely with students in class, provides individual guidance, demonstrations, and lectures, and encourages group discussion.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Eric Westbrook.
- 7 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- This class is also offered on January 25 - March 22, 2021.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.