Beautiful Landscapes in Watercolor and Ink
8-Session Evening Course
Thursday, October 15 to December 10, 2020 – 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (no class Nov. 25)
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- For multiple registrations, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses.
Develop your technical skills in painting landscapes that vividly capture the atmosphere of a scene. Learn to control the watercolor medium while exploring spontaneity, as well to create flowing, vibrant color mixtures to balance simple and complex areas in the composition.
The class focuses on rendering the elements of skies, trees, clouds, mountains and water. It also introduces techniques to build complex foliage with negative painting and to create layers of depth, texture, and light in backgrounds.
Download the supply list.
- The instructor is Lubna Zahid.
- 8 sessions, 3 hours each (no class Nov. 25)
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.