Bead weaving offers an endless possibility of stitches, designs, and color combinations to explore and create. Learn two bead weaving methods—with and without a loom—as well as two different stitch patterns with a myriad of design possibilities. The class focuses on how to start and finish wearable pieces, create patterns, and choose bead colors and finishes. A short in-class presentation surveys past and present bead weaving techniques used by various cultures.
Please note: The supply list offers advice and identifies equipment designed to make bead weaving an enjoyable and welcome addition to your jewelry making skills.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Mïa Vollkommer.
- This program includes 3 sessions, 3 hours each.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, August 11, 2023.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.