Dorie Greenspan's name is synonymous with baking. Join the best-selling author of 13 cookbooks, New York Times baking columnist, and winner of 5 James Beard awards as she discusses her new book, Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty & Simple. It’s Greenspan’s first all-purpose baking collection in more than a decade, and it's as American as her Mulled Butter Apple Pie. The recipes are easy and accessible, with ingredients available at the grocery store. Even beginners can ace the techniques in the book.
Baking with Dorie is full of temptations: Cranberry Spice Squares, Lick-the-Pot Chocolate Pudding Pie, Miso-Maple Loaf, and S’Mores Ice Cream Cake with velvety chocolate sauce, salty peanuts, and toasted marshmallows. The book also includes plenty of savories: Smoked Salmon Roll-Up, Vegetable Ribbon Tart, Double-Corn Tomato Crisp, and foot-long cheese sticks made with cream puff dough, Gouda, and cumin.
Join Greenspan for a conversation with Zoë François, baker, cookbook author, and host of "Zoë Bakes" on the new Magnolia Network. The bakers share stories and tips, and talk about how Greenspan created the recipes from her new book.
Copies of Baking with Dorie (Houghton Mifflin) are available for purchase.
Book Sale Information
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.