This program is over.
Hope you didn't miss it! Browse other programs we offer.
Backyard Forest Bathing: Reconnecting with Nature
Morning Audio Tour
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Here’s the perfect escape: Join Melanie Choukas-Bradley, author of The Joy of Forest Bathing and Resilience: Connecting with Nature in a Time of Crisis, for an intimate virtual forest-bathing walk. Plug your headphones or earbuds into your smartphone, get comfortable in your backyard or a favorite natural area, and immerse yourself in nature through a rejuvenating morning program.
In this unique interactive audio experience, explore your surroundings through all your senses and connect deeply with the beauty and wonder of nature as Choukas-Bradley leads a small group in a series of “invitations” designed to help you become fully present and engaged with the living things around you.
Your registration will include:
- A pre-recorded video presentation from Melanie Choukas-Bradley to introduce the concept of forest bathing.
- The option to purchase a signed copy of both of Melanie's books with a discount from our local bookseller.
This is an audio-only Zoom program; the session is limited to 15 participants and 1.5 hours in length.
SIGNED BOOK SALE INFORMATION
OTHER DATE OPTIONS
What previous participants say about this unique program:
“This was a very interesting experience and I really enjoyed the smaller group so that everyone had a chance to participate and describe their experiences.”
“Thank you for reminding us to continue connecting with nature. It's also good to connect with like-minded souls!”
“Melanie is so knowledgeable and a wealth of wonderful, positive information.”
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program by staff.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
"Traveling to faraway places is enlightening—both for enjoyment and personal growth. But, it is what we tune into day to day in our familiar realms that is the most essential aspect of our experience and consciousness." In a NPR interview, hear Melanie Choukas-Bradley discuss why finding a “wild place” that connects us with nature takes on new importance during a time of quarantine.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.