Whether you know how to knit a scarf but not much more, used to knit but now feel rusty, or are confident in your beginning knitting skills but want to make sure you’re ready for an intermediate class or project, this workshop is for you.
Review introductory skills and polish them. Learn several ways to accomplish basic techniques including casting on, knitting and purling, binding off, increasing and decreasing, and basic finishing skills. Practice taking gauge. Various pieces of knitting equipment are examined. This workshop proceeds at a pace that might be uncomfortable for absolute beginners but is perfect for people who have some knowledge and want to build on it.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Ann Richards.
- This program includes 2 sessions, 3 hours each.
- NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, February 9, 2024.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.