Don’t miss out on future programs like this.
As a Smithsonian Associates member
, you will receive ticket-buying priority.
Artful Mind, Tranquil Mind
4-Session Daytime Course
Monday, October 19 to November 9, 2020 - 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Artists throughout the world and the centuries have developed practices that allow them to center themselves, find calm, and prepare for making art. The same techniques can be helpful in everyday life as well, offering both a quiet escape and a spark for your imagination.
In a series designed to provide a tranquil mid-day break, explore mark-making, simple origami, and bookmaking techniques. Create small but satisfying works of art as a way to hit “pause” and incorporate a bit of creativity into your at-home routines.
Students may use supplies found around the house in combination with a kit to be ordered from the instructor. No experience with art-making is necessary, just an open mind.
Download the supply list for this class
- The instructor is Sushmita Mazumdar.
- 4 sessions, 1 hour each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
UPDATED PATRON INFORMATION
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.
This program is part of our
Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.