Artists throughout the world and the centuries have developed practices that allow them to center themselves, find calm, and prepare for making art. The same techniques can be helpful in everyday life as well, offering both a quiet escape and a spark for your imagination.
Combining exercises from her art and bookmaking practice, instructor Sushmita Mazumdar will guide students in exploring mark-making with lines, swirls, and puddles, and using paper to experiment with folding and tearing.
Students may use supplies found around the home. Please view the Supply List details for ordering information. No experience with art making is necessary; just bring an open mind and a curious heart.
Special Program Information
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.