NOTE: Registration will close for this program at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, November 5, 2021.
Paste painting, a surface design technique, uses mark-making tools to manipulate pigmented paste to create beautiful decorative papers. These sheets can be used in books, collage, cards, and more. After you set up a work space on an available large, flat surface, such as a kitchen table or desk, you are able to create sheet after sheet of amazing papers. You can be precise with graining tools and specific patterns—or enjoy the wonder of color mixing with freeform abandon. Paste painting is also a great activity to share with kids.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Lorrie Grainger Abdo.
- One 2-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.