Harness today’s digital tools to create powerful black-and-white images with the emotive power seen in works by Edward Weston, Paul Strand, and Alfred Hitchcock. Through lecture, demonstration, and work sharing, discover how to previsualize black-and-white images; compose scenes emphasizing texture, line, and contrast; and use software such as Lightroom Classic and Silver Efex Pro to convert image files to black and white. Previous experience with photography is strongly recommended and students should expect to spend time shooting between class meetings.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Lewis Katz.
- This program includes 4 sessions, 2 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.