Alex Guarnaschelli (Photo: Johnny Miller)
STREAMING PROGRAM INFORMATION
- This program is part of our Smithsonian Associates Streaming series.
- Platform: Zoom
- Online registration is required.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
Growing up with a cookbook-editor mother and a food-obsessed father, Alex Guarnaschelli has always loved to cook. Now with a daughter of her own, food and cooking mean even more to the Food Network star—they’re a way for her to share memories, such as shopping in Little Italy with her father and tasting the recipes her mother would make from the cookbooks of the iconic authors she worked with.
In conversation with Kardea Brown, chef and host of Food Network’s “Delicious Miss Brown,” Guarnaschelli talks about the stories behind the food in her new book, Cook with Me: 150 Recipes for the Home Cook. In it, she revives the dishes she grew up with, offers recipes for foods that she wishes she grew up with, and details dishes new to her repertoire. From meatballs two ways (are you a Godfather or a Goodfellas person?) to the blueberry crumble her mother made every summer, she discusses how the recipes, traditions, and insights captured in the book reflect generations of collective experience and the power that food has to bring people—especially families—together.
Copies of Cook with Me (Clarkson Potter) are available for purchase.
Book Sale Information
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.