Learn to embrace and celebrate the unpredictability, versatility, and beauty of watercolor. Class discussions cover supplies, color theory, palettes, and pigment control as well as exercises and experiments to achieve different effects. The use of other media such as water-based pencils and pastels is also addressed.
Scraps saved in-class from experiments form the basis of a mixed-media collage created during the final class. Beginning students are encouraged to focus more on the creative process and less on results.
Previous watercolor experience is welcome but not required.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Heather Kerley.
- This program includes 6 sessions, 2 hours each.
- Class will not be held on February 14.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.