Learn to let go and embrace an intuitive, free-flowing approach to embroidery much like expressive abstract painting. In this four-week class, learn to apply the principles of abstract art to embroidery with an emphasis on form, color, line, texture, pattern, composition, and process. Use different stitches to create interesting marks, textures, and movement in the work and explore a variety of materials, including found fabrics, beads, floss, and yarn. Take an entire project from beginning to end and learn how to finish the embroidery either in the hoop or stretched over a canvas for easy display. Some experience with embroidery or abstract art making is strongly suggested.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Heather Kerley.
- This program includes 4 sessions, 2 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.