Learn to apply the principles of abstract art to making embroidery. Develop a free-flowing approach to embroidery that emphasizes form, color, line, texture, pattern, composition, and process. Use different stitches to create interesting marks, textures, and movement in the work; explore a variety of materials, including found fabrics, beads, floss, and yarn. Take an entire project from beginning to end, finishing it either in the hoop or stretched over a canvas for easy display. Experience with embroidery or with abstract art making is strongly suggested.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Heather Kerley.
- This program includes 4 sessions, 2 hours each.
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction online.
- All Studio Arts programs require an online ticket for each participant so that the instructor can provide individual attention to every student registered for the online program.
- This program will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- View Common FAQs and Policies about our Online Programs on Zoom.