Learn to apply the principles of abstract art to making embroidery. Develop a free-flowing approach to embroidery that emphasizes form, color, line, texture, pattern, composition, and process. Use different stitches to create interesting marks, textures, and movement in the work, and explore a variety of materials including different found fabrics, beads, floss, and yarn. Take an entire project from beginning to end, finishing either in the hoop or stretched over a canvas for easy display. Some experience with embroidery or with abstract art making is strongly suggested.
Special Program Information
- The instructor is Heather Kerley.
- This program includes 4 sessions, 2 hours each.
- This studio arts program is in person and will not be recorded.
- Please refer to the "Materials for this program" section for any applicable supply list information and/or special documents for this program.
- Please note our Health and Safety guidance for this in-person program.
- View Common FAQs about our Studio Arts programs.