Alcohol inks can be used on a variety of surfaces, including glossy paper, plastic, metal, and glass. Beginning painting students develop their artistic voice in classes that focus on materials and techniques. Students complete several note cards and a frameable print as they experiment with alcohol inks on a variety of surfaces.
A kit ($50 +shipping) is available for purchase from the instructor. The kit includes 1 small polypropylene paper pads, 3 sheets of a larger size paper, 3 inks, Blending solution, and one glass magnet.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Sarinda Jones.
- 3 sessions, 3 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.