A photo essay is a set or series of photographs that are intended to tell a story or evoke a series of emotions. In classroom discussions, discover how the essay can help develop a more cohesive body of work. Homework assignments are designed to encourage students to explore their own personal interests. A review of images in the last class provides an opportunity to receive valuable feedback for continued successful shooting.
Note: This streamed program will not be recorded.
- The instructor is Joe Yablonsky.
- 2 sessions, 2.5 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.