Learn to choose and apply color in order to create art that speaks to and invites a reaction from viewers. Start with a color wheel to clarify your understanding of color basics, including primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. Then, using colored pencils, create combinations for a practical understanding of how color theory works. This workshop is great for beginners, experienced artists who’d like a refresher, and art appreciators looking for a fun new way to perceive their favorite works in color.
This class will be recorded. Please see our FAQ for recording terms and conditions.
- The instructor is Lori VanKirk Schue.
- One 3-hour session
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.