REGISTRATION ADVISORY: This program will stop registration sales on Friday, March 19, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET
Adobe Lightroom is the most useful (and user-friendly) software for organizing and editing images, usable for both RAW and JPEG image files. This two-session workshop offers users an excellent working understanding of the program. We’ll work using Zoom to share screens between the instructor and students. Everyone’s screen should become accessible and the instructor should be able to guide each student’s work on his or her screen.
Students will learn to use the Library module for organization. Functions such as importing, exporting, deleting, and grouping files; sorting and ranking files for quality; and attaching keywords for easy retrieval will be covered. Participants will be able to set up a checklist of tasks as files are imported and managed. In the Develop module, users process files to improve their tone, color, and fine detail. You’ll be impressed with how much better your files can look. Edits can be made globally or selectively with intuitive tools. The instructor demonstrates a clear step-by-step workflow and provides detailed notes.
Students may work on a Mac or PC computer with Lightroom 6 or Lightroom Classic installed (but not the cloud version which is called Lightroom). A free 7-day trial of the software is available from Adobe. The class will be totally hands on and in detail with a mix of the instructor's screen for demonstrations and student screens for confirmation and questions. To help with the online interaction, the class size is limited to 6 participants.
Note: This streamed program will not be recorded.
- The instructor is Eliot Cohen.
- 2 sessions, 4 hours each
- This studio arts program is a Zoom Meeting to allow for patron and instructor interaction.
- If you register multiple individuals, you will be asked to supply individual names and email addresses so they can receive a Zoom link email. Please note that if there is a change in program schedule or a cancellation, we will notify you via email, and it will be your responsibility to notify other registrants in your group.
- Unless otherwise noted, registration for streaming programs typically closes two hours prior to the start time on the date of the program.
- Once registered, patrons should receive an automatic email confirmation from CustomerService@SmithsonianAssociates.org.
- Separate Zoom link information will be emailed closer to the date of the program. If you do not receive your Zoom link information 24 hours prior to the start of the program, please email Customer Service for assistance.
- View Common FAQs about our Streaming Programs on Zoom.