Ticket prices increase by $5 on Nov. 2.
Immerse yourself in an amazing evening of art, food, and music in the National Portrait Gallery, among works from one of the art world’s most exciting fields. View the exhibition Portraiture Now: Asian American Portraits of Encounter and converse with exhibit curators and Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Program staff about these provocative works. Then have your own story told by one of the Corcoran College of Art + Design students on hand to draw your portrait and add it to the works from the collections being projected on the walls of the Kogod Courtyard. Then sample the delicious food and drinks as DJs Yellow Fever transform the courtyard with a soundscape of international beats.
• Will-call tickets are available in the G Street lobby of the National Portrait Gallery (enter from 8th & G Streets)
• Ticket sales begin (limited number if event is not sold out)
• Doors Open
• Mingle with Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery curators and Smithsonian Asian Pacific American program staff
• Portrait sketches on the back of your PA5 rack card by Corcoran College of Art + Design students and alumni
• DJs Yellow Fever (aka Brian Liu) spinning Cambodian and Vietnamese psych, 70's Thai pop, Bollywood, and Asian hip-hop
• Cash Bar and food for purchase in the Kogod Courtyard Café, featuring Asian-inspired food and light hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine, a specialty cocktail, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Featured Exhibition: Portraiture Now: Asian American Portraits of Encounter
Through the groundbreaking work of seven artists from across the country, Asian American Portraits of Encounter offers provocative artistic responses to the Asian experience in America.
The National Portrait Gallery and the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Program have collaborated on the exhibition to bring together artists including CYJO, Hye Yeon Nam, Shizu Saldamando, Roger Shimomura, Satomi Shirai, Tam Tran, and Hong Chun Zhang into one exhilarating exhibition.
Read more about this exhibit
- Cash bar and food for purchase in the Kogod Courtyard Café.
- Must be at least 21 with a valid photo ID to attend.
- All ticket sales are final.
- This is not a seated event.
- Tickets will be $25 for members and $30 for general admission starting Nov. 2.
To view past and current Mingle at the Museum events, click here.