2019 Smithsonian Craft Show "CONVO" with the Visionary
Thursday, April 25, 2019 - 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
$45 Gen. Admission
Joyce J. Scott
IMPORTANT: Please refer to the TICKET POLICIES section below for general ticket sales information, terms and conditions, and event check-in procedures.
EVENT SCHEDULE & GENERAL DETAILS
10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Admission to the Smithsonian Craft Show (Thursday, April 25 only)
6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Conversation with Joyce J. Scott
Joyce J. Scott engages in lively conversation with Stephanie Stebich, the Margaret and Terry Stent Director of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, followed by a Q&A. Ticket includes all-day entry to the Craft Show on Thursday, April 25 (open until 8:00 pm) and one complimentary drink.
Scott has been named the 2019 Smithsonian Visionary Artist in recognition of her outstanding work in jewelry. The Smithsonian Visionary Award is given annually by the Smithsonian Women’s Committee (SWC) and the Smithsonian to American artists deemed by experts in the field to have achieved the pinnacle of sculptural arts and design. Awardees must have works in major museums and demonstrate distinction, creativity, exceptional artistry and, of course, vision in their respective media. Previous winners include Albert Paley, Wendell Castle, Toots Zinsky, Dale Chihuly, and Faith Ringgold.
Ticket Sales Information
- Advance tickets are available online at SmithsonianAssociates.org or by calling 202-633-3030 (M-F; 9-5).
- Advanced sales will cut off at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
- Tickets will be sold at the door starting at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, April 25, 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are not mailed, so please keep your order confirmation as a reference (sent via email).
- Tickets are not subject to additional discounts or promotions. There are no special Smithsonian Associates member rates for Craft Show events.
- Check in occurs at the National Building Museum Admission desk for all Craft Show events.
- To expedite entry, please bring your order confirmation with you, either printed on paper or by showing your confirmation email on your smart phone.
National Building Museum
401 F St NW
Washington, DC 20001
Metro: Judiciary Square (F St Exit)