38TH ANNUAL SMITHSONIAN CRAFT SHOW
UPDATED: Oct. 21-25, 2020
National Building Museum
The Smithsonian Craft Show is a five-day show and sale of the finest in American crafts and design, held at the beautiful National Building Museum (401 F St NW, Washington, DC.)
120 artists have been carefully selected by a panel of jurors who look for unrivaled quality and creativity. Every year, approximately one-third of our exhibitors are new to our show. You will see well-known artists who are masters of their craft, as well as lesser-known emerging talent. Come and discover them all!
Artists at the show work in all facets of contemporary craft and design—Basketry, Ceramics, Decorative Fiber, Furniture, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metal, Mixed Media, Paper, Wearables, and Wood. Serious collectors and casual visitors will find one-of-a-kind works of art in all price ranges,
- For daytime shopping, join us at the main Smithsonian Craft Show Thursday, Oct. 22 to Sunday, Oct. 25.
- For after-hours fun, join us for CRAFT+COCKTAILS on Thursday, Oct. 22, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. This special evening includes signature cocktails from celebrity mixologists, music, snacks, entertainment, and all-day general admission on Thursday, Oct. 22! Buy your tickets now before they sell out!
- For fun and enlightenment, attend the special program "Wit and Wisdom in the Work of Patti Warashina" on Thursday, Oct. 22, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. In lively conversation with Stephanie Stebich, the Margaret and Terry Stent Director of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, 2020 Visionary Artist Award recipient Patti Warashina reveals how her life experience and sense of humor inform her art.
- For an exclusive evening of shopping without the crowds - while enjoying a sumptuous buffet with wine and cocktails - join us for our Preview Night Benefit on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- For the most exclusive event, and the opportunity to mingle with our 2020 Visionary Artist Award recipient, Patti Warashina, and our show VIPs (jurors, curators, movers and shakers), choose the Preview Night Benefit with Visionary Artist Award Reception ticket option on Wednesday, Oct. 21. This option allows you into an exclusive and intimate reception before the Preview Night Benefit. Tickets are limited, so buy yours now!
- All proceeds go to a great cause! The Smithsonian Craft Show, produced by the Smithsonian Women’s Committee, supports yearly grants to the Smithsonian’s 19 museums and libraries, nine research facilities, traveling exhibits and the National Zoo. Over $12 million in grants and endowments has been awarded since 1966. For more show information, visit SmithsonianCraftShow.org.
Please refer to the Ticket Policies
for general ticket sales information, terms and conditions, and event check-in procedures.
2020 Craft Show Events
2020 Smithsonian Craft Show Daily Admission (Rescheduled from April 23-26, 2020)
Thurs., Oct. 22, 2020, 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 23, 2020, 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sat., Oct. 24, 2020, 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sun., Oct. 25, 2020, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Save money and avoid the lines by ordering your one-day pass in advance for $17. Door price is $20. Please note one-day passes are date specific.
Thurs., Oct. 22, 2020, 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
$35 ticket for the after-hours CRAFT+COCKTAILS event features craft cocktails from celebrity mixologists, music, entertainment and shopping, includes a Thursday Craft Show daytime admission pass (10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) for all-day fun!
Thurs., Oct. 22, 2020, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
$45 ticket for the one-hour talk with 2020 Smithsonian Visionary Award recipient Patti Warashina, includes a Thursday Craft Show daytime admission pass and entry to CRAFT+COCKTAILS featuring celebrity mixologists, music, and more.
Wed., Oct. 21, 2020, 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Attend the Smithsonian Craft Show's most exclusive and intimate event for the opportunity to mingle with our 2020 Visionary Artist Award recipient, Patti Warashina, and our show VIPs. This ticket includes access to the Visionary Artist Award Reception and Preview Night Benefit activities, including buffet, wine and cocktails, shopping, and more.
Wed., Oct. 21, 2020, 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Attend the Smithsonian Craft Show's Preview Night Benefit for an exclusive evening of shopping without the crowds at the beautiful National Building Museum, featuring a sumptuous buffet with wine and cocktails.
- Advance tickets can be purchased online from this website or by calling 202-633-3030 (M-F; 9-5).
- For group rate (10 or more people), please visit https://sicraft.eventbrite.com/.
- Children under 12 are free (no strollers).
- Each event will have a cut off date for advance sales.
- Each event will note if and when tickets will be available at the door.
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are not mailed, so please keep your order confirmation as a reference (sent via email).
- Tickets are not subject to additional discounts or promotions.
- There are no special Smithsonian Associates member rates for Craft Show events.
- Check in occurs at the National Building Museum Admission desk for all Craft Show events.
- To expedite entry, please bring your order confirmation with you, either printed on paper or by showing your confirmation email on your smart phone.