3001 Connecticut Avenue, NW
The Zoo's main entrance on Connecticut Avenue is easily accessible
via the Metro Red Line.
Enter the Zoo grounds using the main pedestrian entrance, between the
large lion sculptures. Proceed straight down the main walkway. The
Visitor's Center is the first big building on your left. Auditorium
is to the right.
- Take the Red Line to the Cleveland Park station;
- Exit to the right at the top of the escalators, which will take you under the street to the correct side;
- It is a short, flat walk down Connecticut Avenue to the Zoo.
- Take the Red Line to the Woodley Park Zoo/Adams Morgan station;
- Head left on Connecticut Avenue and continue for about three blocks.
- There is visitor parking at the Zoo in parking Lot A; enter from Connecticutt Avenue. Lot A is the
first lot on your left;
- Cross the street and proceed up the path to the right;
- The path then curves around to the left, where you may enter the Visitor's Center from the side;
- This is also the wheelchair accessible entrance
You can find more visitor information, including parking rates, on the
web site of the National Zoo.