Breakfast at the Zoo: Eyes on the Tigers
For Smithsonian Associates members at the Resident Promoter ($100) level or below and Smithsonian staff
Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Beautiful Damai (left), Handsome Sparky (right)
PLEASE NOTE: Event registration closes Wed., Sept. 13 at 5 p.m. Tickets will not be available on the event day.
They met last September at the National Zoo. Now everyone is hoping that the blossoming relationship of Sumatran tigers Sparky and Damai grows into happy parenthood. The Sumatran tiger, a powerful hunter once found in habitats from Sumatra and Indochina to the Russian Far East, is facing extinction in the wild, where today, fewer than 400 exist.
Come and celebrate Sumatran tigers at our popular annual outing at the National Zoo. Sip coffee, enjoy a breakfast buffet, and discover fascinating facts about this majestic animal at the zoo before it opens to the public.
Breakfast is followed by a performance on Lion and Tiger Hill and a visit to the Kids Activity Corner for some hands-on zoo–related fun. Then, head to the Great Cats Exhibit and meet special tiger experts who talk about the big cats and what’s being done to ensure their survival. Continue your journey through the zoo and meet other animals and their keepers along the way.
Please note: This special event is open only to Smithsonian Associates members, Smithsonian staff, and their guests. This ticket does not include VIP access. If you are interested in the VIP access at the Mane Grill on Lion and Tiger Hill, upgrade to the Resident Advocate ($175) level or call 202-633-3030 during our regular business hours.
- Pricing: Members, Smithsonian staff, and guests: $25 per person; children 12 and under $15; children age 4 and under admitted free.
- Registration closes Wed., Sept. 13 at 5 p.m.
- Tickets are not available at the event.
- Seating: Guests are welcome to bring their own blankets and folding chairs to breakfast on Lion and Tiger Hill.
- Parking: Use vehicle entrance in the 3000 block of Connecticut Ave NW. Lots D and E are closest to Lion and Tiger Hill. Please note there is a parking fee.
- Pedestrians: Take the Red line to the Cleveland Park or Woodley Park/Zoo Metrorail stop. Enter the zoo in the 3000 block of Connecticut Ave NW.
National Zoological Park
3001 Connecticut Ave NW
Metro: Cleveland Park or Woodley Park/Zoo