Online sales for this program have closed.
Please call us at 202-633-3030 for ticket availability.
Aerial view of Niagara Falls
One of North America’s most awe-inspiring natural wonders is the perfect destination for a summertime visit that includes all the don’t-miss attractions of Niagara Falls.
The group’s guided visit to Niagara Falls State Park includes stops at Goat Island, Luna Island, the American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls, and Prospect Point, site of the US-side observation tower. Board the Maid of the Mist for a spectacular view of the thundering waters, enjoy a buffet lunch at the Fallsview Dining Room, and later experience the Journey Behind the Falls attraction for a close-up view of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls.
The day ends with dinner at the Prince of Wales Hotel in the charming Ontario town of Niagara-on-the Lake. Accommodations are at the new DoubleTree by Hilton in Niagara Falls, New York, which offers lovely views of the Niagara River.
The trip to Niagara Falls includes a stop at Penn State University’s arboretum. And what could be better on a warm day than a visit to the university’s famous Berkey Creamery, which has been dishing our ice cream treats since 1889?
Jim Zimbelman, a planetary geologist at the Air and Space Museum serves as the tour’s study leader.
- All participants must have a valid US passport in order to enter Canada.
- Cost includes a boxed lunch en route, dinner on Thursday, all meals on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday are included. Dinner may be purchased at rest stop on the return trip.
- Tour departs by bus from the Mayflower Hotel, Connecticut Ave. and DeSales St., NW, with a stop at the I-270 Urbana carpool lot at about 7:55 a.m.
- Single-room supplement $220 (factored into the Single Room Member and Single Room Non-Member pricing).
- Singles registering at the double-room rate are paired (on a nonsmoking basis) if possible, but must pay the single-room supplement otherwise.
- Detailed information is mailed to registrants about four weeks prior to departure.
- Registrants may want to consider purchasing trip insurance.
Learn more about Jim Zimbelman.
Detailed information for overnight tours
is mailed approximately FOUR WEEKS
prior to departure. For immediate questions
please call 202-633-8647