Forget everything you learned in third-grade arithmetic. Explore math like never before at an after-hours, grown-ups-only introduction to the new International Gallery exhibition MathAlive! (through June 3).
In nearly 40 interactive experiences, the exhibit takes math from its native form into the applied worlds of design, engineering, technology, and science. Test geometry skills on a rock wall climb, explore sound waves as you create a music mix, crack espionage codes, and jump into a fractal dance party while enjoying light hors d’oeuvres and a specialty cocktail (Math-tini, anyone?).
Ellen Dorn, director of special exhibitions, and Betsy Burstein Robinson and Seth Waite, exhibition project managers will be on hand to provide behind-the-scenes insights.
- One drink ticket and light refreshments are included with admission.
- Cash bar offers a specialty cocktail, wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages throughout the evening.
- Must be at least 21 with a valid photo ID to attend.
- All ticket sales are final.
- This is not a seated event.
- Tickets will be $35 for members and $40 for general admission at the door.
See video of the MathAlive! exhibition.
To view past and current Mingle at the Museum events, click here.